Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rubber Duck & Diaper Cakes


 Just a few photos today- These cakes were made for a coworker's baby shower earlier in the week. I used some of my favorite recipes for the rubber duckie cake- the bottom tier is chocolate cake with raspberry champagne filling and vanilla buttercream, and the top tier is white cake with a layer of chocolate ganache filling and tiramisu buttercream. Both layers were popular- and the cake was demolished by my coworkers- and someone asks me about it every time I'm at work now. I've even earned a new nickname...Martha!


As I was shopping for a gift, I thought I would try a different kind of cake- a diaper cake. This one requires no baking, just a little time and creativity in assembling. The mom-to-be loved it, and I think I've found a new business effort! Diaper cakes make great baby shower centerpieces, as well as gifts. I made mine using Pampers Swaddlers Diapers, baby washcloths, receiving blankets,  a hooded bath towel and some ribbon. I'm sorry I didn't take better pictures before I wrapped it up- it turned out super cute, and all of the "ingredients" are must haves when you bring a new baby home!

2 comments: